Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mr. Mc Clellan

A couple of months ago, Ryan's speech therapist told me the funniest comment he ever had from his students.

While he was teaching him and four other girls the difference between "Miss, Mrs. and Mr", Mr. Adams, the speech therapist, was trying them to teach them the differences in these three status. So, he asked them a question, " Am I Mr., Miss, Or Mrs Adams?" The girls immediately responded " You are Mrs. Adams." I guess it was due to that there are so many female teachers. Thus, they are used to call their teachers, "Mrs."

Ryan just laughed and said, "No, you are not Mrs. Adams. You are Mr. Adams." He got applauded from the speech therapist. He then said to Ryan, " You are Mr. Ryan McClellan."

This did not approve Ryan. He immediately responded sharply, "No, I'm not Mr. Ryan McClellan. I am Ryan McClellan." Mr. Adams assured him that he is, "Mr. McClellan."

For a six year old boy would debate him back, "No, I'm not. My dad is Mr. McClellan." Pretty clever, huh? This brought the speech therapist a laugh for the day.

From my perspective in a child, I think Ryan thought using "Mr." is for an adult. Why do you think he think he is not, "Mr. Ryan McClellan," but for his dad only?

1 comment:

C and B Scene said...

Technically I believe Ryan is correct in saying that he is not Mr. McClellan yet. You can tell Ryan to tell Mr Adams that he is Master Ryan McClellan Mom/CC