Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Family Feast

On our second night at Deby, my sister in law's house, we were being SPOILED by having one of the most delicious meals: spaghetti and vegetable sauces. Most of us were joined a dinner after we had a full night rest and sleep from a long drive: getting together for a dinner and a desert.

It was PERFECT to have a hot meal especially staying at eleven degree at night. We survived along with our loving family in case we get cold. One of my nieces who is nearly 3, Alexis was a lot more braver than the most of us because she only wore a diaper and a bib at night ! If I had a permission, I would give her my own personal nickname, "Princess Diva" because she is a strong-willed and independent young child just like my younger son, Ryan. Not only watching her eating without having much clothes on, she also likes to dress up as a Princess and flattered herself.

While we had our feisty dinner, I encouraged Beth, David's cousin to feed Logan is almost two. By using my observation in Beth, she would be a good mom because I know she has a GOOD HEART. Perhaps, the next step I would encourage her to change the diapers. That would be interesting to watch her reaction when I mention. Actually, he is a very easy and loving baby. He is total opposite of his sibling, Alexis. It makes our life more interesting to watch between two kids.

The first and oldest child of Deby's, Katya had a nice early birthday dinner with us. She disliked taking pictures, just like few family members of ours. It made me wonder which side it comes from: mine or David's. So, I sort of made a trick question by asking her if she wanted to have birthday presents. She did want to get some presents from us. Then I told her that she must show her beautiful face in a front of camera. She groaned because I tricked her. Am I pretty cleaver about convincing her??

Not only having spaghetti, we also had a pumpkin cream cheese pumpkin pie. How could I resisted this delicious flavor?? Many of us wouldn't resist this delicious desert, either. Frankly, we will be having a week of family feasts. Aren't we spoiled? Yup, that is the nicest things about spending times with the family and sharing the love instead of thinking working or giving others money at all times. Nothing beat the love than the materials.

3 comments:

C and B Scene said...

Your right.. I love the Southeast, but I really miss seeing you and the kids especially at the holidays. Glad you are able to spend them with family.
Mom/CC

Anonymous said...

You deserve so much to be the visitors/guests and get what they give you! Enjoy the festivities! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

What a fun picture! I have changed lots of diapers and they don't bother me at all =)