Saturday, June 30, 2007

Box Tops

Have you ever thought about how did the Box Tops created the donations for schools? Typical of me, I did some research about the Box Tops. It stated that it started back in 1998 through by putting it on the tops of the cereals such as Cheeritos, Total and other Family Favorites. Now, more than 10 years of using Box Tops, it had donated over than 175 million dollars! That is awful a lot of money. Don't you ever wish you could use it for home especially doing the remodeling, face lifted, getting new cars, or going out for family adventures??
Well since we are not able to use the money for ourselves, I, as an educator, find myself that the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in all ages; K-12 needs a boost from Box Tops. . I was thinking of collecting all the Box Tops to purchase a sign language book for every family in order to communicate with their deaf and hard of hearing child. Unfortunately, many of them do have little or no communication at home. It certainly affects to their knowledge in education because they spend 75 % of the times at home while the deaf and hard of hearing students received 25 of the times learning at school due to have a continuous communication. I know it is sad but that is the fact. That is main reason why so many deaf and hard of hearing students read below fourth grade level.

As an educator, I do have a big heart for my deaf and hard of hearing students from Elementary to High School Level. I hope you would have a heart for me by donating the Box Tops. This would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: