Friday, June 15, 2007

Red, White, and Blue Day

Yep, it's Flag Day (June 14th)! Did you know that Flag Day was first observed in 1877 on the 100th anniversary of the Continental Congress' adoption of the Stars and Stripes as the official flag of the United States? I didn't ! I decided to research the facts about Flag Day. Very Interesting. It is nothing new for me to research educational information. I Love it ! Another unexpected discovery was there I learned a Wisconsin schoolteacher named B.J. Cigrand, wanted June 14 to be known as "Flag Birthday." He first suggested the day of observance to the flag. However, the holiday was not officially recognized until 1949 when President Harry Truman signed the National Flag Day Bill. In 1996, President Bill Clinton made a proclamation about the Flag of the United States of America.

As American citizens, both Dylan and Ryan were all dressed in Red, White and Blue. They both were bragging to be Americans and were off to support their American schools!

1 comment:

Deby said...

Good pictures!!! Your boys are just too darn cute. Interesting facts about flag day too. I love all your trivia!