Monday, June 18, 2007

San Diego County Fair

What has food, rides, prizes and other items? It is San Diego County Fair aka Del Mar Fair. David's parents joined us for a couple of hours.
On our way to the Ferris Wheels, the first thing on David and Richard's mind were FOOD! Believe it or not, they ordered: BBQ Corn on the Cob, Squeezed Orange Juice, Potato Chips and Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Dipped. It was not even lunch! Oh, that is so typical of men! You should have seen their faces as they acted like they were five years old.

As soon as we entered in a fair, Dylan suddenly made the decision to go on the Ferris Wheel. Well once Dylan and Cathy joined Ryan and I on the Ferris Wheel, they immediately wanted to get off after the first go round. Poor Dylan and Cathy were scared of the height, but Ryan and I remained throughout the ride. It was a beautiful sight to see the Del Mar Beach. I was blown away seeing the beauty of it!

Even though Dylan was frighten of height with the Ferris Wheel, Dylan was brave enough to have his face painted. Ryan was the one who refused to have his grandma (Cathy) pay for his face to be painted. He would go on daring rides instead.

While we were in the Fun Zone, the boys went on more rides before eating a lunch. The best part was going on the Hydro Rides (Log Rides.) I enjoyed seeing both boys wet their pants from the water as if they had wet their pants! Too bad, they didn't sit on Cathy's or Richard's lap. It would have been more fun seeing their pants wet, too. Bummer !

Another bummer was that I was unable to take a picture of Cathy with a smile on her face. She is camera shy. The only thing I could do is to sneak a picture of her ! However, you can decide on how she looks when she was leaning her head on David's shoulder. That is the best picture I could do.

On our late lunch, we sat under the shade with our BBQ lunch (Beef, Hot Dog.) You know the junk food they offer at the Fair. Besides eating the sweets, it was nice chatting under the shade.

Throughout the day, we did a lot of window shopping inside of the buildings. Cathy got a beautiful gold toe ring! I would have done the same, but it would not have been too beautiful since I have black and blue bruises on my big toe. (Dylan stepped on my toe the other day.)

After we were through with the window shopping, David encouraged me to let the boys to go on the Wave Swinger. Boy, I felt like as if my over-protectiveness was tested to be limited! I was worrying and freaking out until they returned safety to me ! Whew !

After staying for a few hours at the fair, we headed for back home. Dylan and Ryan were so tired. They fell asleep with their heads resting each other. Aren't they cute?

1 comment:

Deby said...

I can't believe you got a picture of my Mom! She always seems to hide her face when I pull out my camera. I miss going to the fair with you guys! I plan on driving down there in June next year so we can go with you all.