Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hitting The Books

Can you believe that I am one of the few teachers who receive a letter explaining that I have to complete the Cultural Language Acquisition Diversity (CLAD) graduate classes? Yep.. that's true! What it means is that I have to go back to school and take the required classes before the deadline-January 2008. Otherwise, I will be out of teaching job. No pressure.

In the meantime, my school district is going through my official university transcripts to see if I took any of the CLAD classes during my graduate program at California State University of Northridge. Fortunately, I was told that I already completed two classes out of six classes. That's better than starting from the scratch. However, one of the required classes is "Teaching and Testing English Second Language (ESL) Listening and Speaking skills." Humm.. Do you think I can bluff my way through this class? I doubt it ! There is no way I would be successful unless I can be an example for the graduate students to study me (winks.) Actually, I did make a request to waive this class. Please keep your fingers crossed.

While I am taking graduate classes, David will become Mr. Mom. Too bad, it is only temporary. I will be taking night classes at the University California of San Diego in La Jolla. Fun, huh? I will miss the boys and my dear husband, David. Perhaps, any of you are interested in loaning me an apron, size 9 1/2 high heels (any color will do) and make-up for David to be the real Mr. Mom?

1 comment:

Deby said...

Man.... just when you thought you were done. Good luck sweetie! I know how hard night school is. When do you start?