Thursday, June 7, 2007

Coooook-ie Monsters

C is for cookie
That's good enough for me,
C is for cookie,
That's good enough for me, C is for cookie,
Oh Cookie, Cookie, Cookie starts with C !

What does that sound like to you? Yes, you are right! My sons made their own cookies on Monday afternoon with my mom and Bruce. My mom and Bruce let Dylan and Ryan create their own alphabet letters and numbers using cookie cutters. Of course, the boys were SOOO excited because they had a freedom of choice for the first time!

My mom asked Dylan and Ryan pick their favorite letters and numbers from the cookie cutters. I would have thought for sure they would have picked letters to spell: D-Y-L-A-N and R-Y-A-N, but did they? NO!!

After all of their hard work cutting and decorating the cookies with the sprinkles, I was feeling a bit impish (nothing new about me.) I decided to use the frosting to make the cookie look like they have blue hairy goatees. Even though I couldn't hear their squeals, what joy on their smiling little faces. My mom and Bruce never had such a fun snack!

Do you want to join my little Baker's in the next creative cookie session? It's guaranteed to be fun!

3 comments:

Deby said...

How fun! Enjoy your cookies!

Ginger said...

I think David should grow a goatee and dye it blue. I wish I could be there for your next cookie session!

Diana said...

Ryan's lookin' pritty studdly in his bright blue goatee... : )