Saturday, July 21, 2007

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

This past week, I have tried to come up with activities with my sons while David goes to work instead of playing with the computers, T.V. or playing with cars. All I got lame excuses from Ryan and Dylan which drove me up the wall. :-)

First last Thursday, David and I took them out to feed the ducks with the bread. At that time, the ducks were not hungry. I told them that we would have to come back at a better time. For three straight days, I did ask them whether they wanted to go back and feed the ducks. Dylan said, "No, I don't want the ducks to hurt me." Ryan replied, "No, I don't want to go out."

Second, I have came up with another suggestion, " how about going out for a bike riding?" Ryan said loudly, "No ride bike. I want to stay home."

Third, I even tried to ask them if they wanted to go out for a bookstore, park, or doing the art. Nothing convinced them, even going to a swimming pool!

At the end, I told them that they could help me cleaning the stuff up by earning a small amount of money: a small toy, Jamba Juice, or ice cream. They still gave me a "No" answer.

With their pessimistic attitude, David and I decided not to go to Sea World with our annual pass on Saturday night. That's their loss. Consequently, we gave up, and started doing our own errands.

Any suggestion would be fine with me.

1 comment:

Deby said...

Huh. It sounds like they want to be homebodies for a while. Katya and I do that sometimes.

I would just drag them to the library some time next week and warn them which day they will be going so they are mentally prepared.

Good luck!