Tuesday, July 10, 2007

OHHHHH I WISHED !

Have any of you had the experience for not following your guts, and chose to ignore it?

It happened to me today. I had wished I brought my own camera that comes with video.

This afternoon, my two sons and I were outside of Jamba Juice for our treats. There were three cute teenage girls. Of course, I wished I video Dylan giving them lots of laughs. He even flirted with them. They all told me that Dylan has a sense of humors. If I had video of Dylan, he would have reduce your stresses in case you need.

Believe it or not, Ryan, who was sitting closely to one of the good looking teenage girls, initialized the conversation. They had shared back and forth within a short conversation for at least five minutes. (I asked the girl if they understood him clearly. Yup, she did at 90 % of the times!) My jaw dropped. To be frank with you, I sure wished I had proven it to you all and the speech therapist that he does make his efforts to interact and initialize the conversation. At the end, I had tears in my eyes because I was so happy he has made tremendous improvement, but I was sadden that I didn't have the video to show it off to you.

This is a valuable lesson to ALWAYS stick to my guts, not ignoring my guts! Well, I know I already told Amiee that I sure was glad she followed her guts. Ironically, I didn't!

If you have a story about your experience that you wished you had followed your guts, and chose to ignore it, don't be afraid and share it with me.

1 comment:

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

I am not surprised that Ryan started the conversation, he is really enjoying communicating, not to mention cute young girls : )