Thursday, May 29, 2008

17 More Days

I only have 17 more days left. Do you know what that means? It means the school is out in our school district. This also means I don't have to teach junior high school again. I have suffered yet survived for an entire year without a classroom!

What else is better to say good bye to Junior High School? I don't have to put it up with the smart mouth from the teenagers. Even more, I don't have to watch the boys' underwear during the school days.

Not only watching the teenagers revealing their true personalities, I sorely will miss the most, wonderful staff. They all had up with me- though there were times I could be challenging.

After 17 days, I can begin to restore all of my energy for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Pre-schoolers for the next eight weeks before the fall begins. I have heard they are VERY HIGH ENERGY. Thus, I will need to have TONS OF ENERGY VITAMINS for an entire year. Don't forget that it includes taking care of my two other high-energy sons. If you see that I end up in a mental hospital, then you will know the valid reasons for being in this placement. Or you can rescue me from going insane.

Know what is my secret plan to preserve my energies? I plan on providing T.V. shows and game times for the boys when the three of us come home from work/school. So, I could relax my sanity before I roll my sleeves up to help my sons on their homework. Let's hope my brilliant plan works.

2 comments:

Deby said...

I give it up to Dru for working with middle schoolers BY CHOICE for all these years. It takes a special person to work with the over-hormonally challenged.

But you are jumping from one extreme to another! Preschoolers??? Goodness. I recommend lots of B vitamins and some morning yoga to get limbered up for the little varmits.

The boys are getting old enough that they should enjoy some downtime when they get home from school.

You are definately a super goddess in my book!

Anonymous said...

I hope you fall in love with every single one of the little buggers. That makes them easier to put up with! Think happy, rested thoughts. If anyone can do it, you can!