Wednesday, May 7, 2008

McClellan's Turning to One

Believe it or not, I started my blog after I was being convinced by my two sister in laws, Deby and Mandee. I remember that I had mixed feelings about about creating my own blog. One was I admitted I was afraid I would be "retarded" (That s my sister in law, Mandee's favorite quote) whenever I posted my news. The other reason I went ahead to do it was that I would not have to worry about paying extra stamps, paying long distance phone bills, or taking my extra miles to send e-mails.

I had an opportunity to reflect what happened during my first year of my blog. There were several of my personal posts I enjoyed re-reading.

My favorite posts this year:

The first of many comments about debating whether my husband David should grow goatee or not, "Desperately Needs your Vote." Unfortunately, the votes turned out to be equal. Thus, I did not have a choice to force my husband to grow goatee that I always adore in MEN. Despite of my wishes, David did not keep his promises.

I like this one about those crazy times I have had on, "Crazy Friday." It was the day I had to change my clothes three times a day in order to show my spirits: my school's team, Mother/Son's 1950's event at Ryan's Pre-school, and Hawaiian outfits for all of us at Dyan's school while my husband was out for a scuba diving. Amazing I managed myself throughout the Crazy Friday.

I laughed when I re-read about Dylan writing "Unexcused Absence" to his teacher. It was the the weekend that my mom and her husband, Bruce were in town for a couple of days. In the note, he was telling his teacher that he had gone out to the beach for three days. Going out to the beach did not occurred except we went to Mission Bay where it had a bay and a park for the kids to play.

The proudest moments I have had were:

1. Dylan was getting the " Most Outstanding Award" last Fall. He was so proud to show everyone off.

2. "Ryan's Annual I.E.P" was a positive ones. It turned out that he shifted toward more being in mainstream classes than being in a Special Education Class. Also, he had met all of his first benchmarks within 5 months after he enrolled his Kindergarten year.

3. I felt so good that "David's new Toy" which he got his Stainless BBQ. He was so delighted that he was able to do the BBQ more often. I honesty could tell you that I could not compare David than my own cooking. There was no need to complain because I enjoyed being spoiled.

4. Last was the most recent ones, "The New Ownership." That was getting a BRAND NEW van after my husband and I had traded our old van. It was worth for getting all of the awesome technology.

This was my favorite picture of 2007:

Looking Back it was a full year. Lots of memories there.

3 comments:

Deby said...

I am SOOOOO glad that you started your blog. I get to see what is going on in your lives and see pics I otherwise wouldn't. Thanks for being a fabulous mother, patient wife (he IS my brother so I know how difficult he can be), and awesome sister in law.

Keep up the good work!

Mandee said...

I ditto EVERYTHING Deby said. It's been so great to see what your family has been up to, and to get to know you better through your posts! I think the world of you and "your boys", and love reading your funny stories! Love to you all...

Cheryl said...

Hmm, I'm a little late to the game, but, for the record, I think David would look great with a goatee.