Thursday, May 29, 2008

Big RED Mulch

I've been watching David like a mad husband on one full day for fixing up our property and doing some landscaping around our home and yard. He was trying to make our little backyard into beauty.

Seeing him puffing by carrying six of twenty pounds of mulch reminded of me how hard it is to carry my 73 pounds of son
sitting over my shoulder. There is no way I could do that kind of weight even carrying Dylan or Ryan. Despite of not wanting to do the yard work, he held his breath, pretended he enjoyed the hectic job, and smiled for the picture.

He made a heavy sigh when he saw the old, ugly and brown mulch that need to be
removed. Good grief, he did not surrender his destination by finishing it up despite of seeing so many black ants with eggs hidden under the brown mulch. He bravely killed the ants with our poison raids.

After doing three hours of removing the old mulch and replacing the red mulch, it looks GREAT! No more black ants
crawling outside of our brand new red mulch.

Eventually, he will need to replace all of the outdoor solar lights for our front and back yard. Who knows he will be digging a swimming pool if both boys and I demand for a lap top pool? Or creating a bird bath for us to join in our backyard.

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

The red mulch really does look great!! David did a good job! I just recently finished mowing the grass and feeding our trees and rhodendrons with micro-grow. We have ugly brown bark around the grass--- and I know how hard it is to remove old bark and replace with a new one. Its back breaking!! By the way, you have a great view beyond that black fence!

Deby said...

Oooooooooooooh... pretty! I have to finish up replacing the old bark in my front yard. It takes a while, but it is pretty afterwards and smells great! I love that cedar stuff.

Good job, David!

Anonymous said...

wow! your hubbys green thumb just like my hubby! we want a house one day to enjoy the true garden while we just have a cute balcony with herbs, flowers, etc.. haha.. great pics!! xo