Monday, May 5, 2008

Ready, Get Set, Party!

May 10th is Ryan's 6th birthday. The family and I celebrated Ryan's birthday a week early for two reasons. One was one of the family members from another state came down to visit us. Next weekend is a Mother's Day. It would conflict the celebration.

At dawn, I was half recovering from having a bad sinus a day before the party. I was all ready to get the party ready! While I was preparing for the party, I did encourage the boys to help me setting the party up. They especially like putting the candies and small toy items in a "Hot Wheels " Pinata.

Not too long after I finally got all set for the party, one of my friends and her three children were the first visitors. The boys were all excited to get it started, but they knew they had to wait for more visitors at our home. While waiting for more people to bring the delicious food, the kids went upstairs to play with "Hot Wheels " stuff! Oh brother, it was in the boys' world!

Once everyone was in our home, we all had full of delicious potluck food on our kitchen island. It was enough to make our eyes bigger than our stomach. The children were rather to take their time by coloring the table. Of course, I had butcher paper covering the table. Otherwise, I would be screaming at the top of my lungs. After we had a buffet lunch, it left us little room for our stomach especially for the cake.

While waiting for our stomaches to settle ourselves down, the children had the privilege to bat the "Hot Wheels" Pinata. Using the blindfold didn't succeed because the kids could see through with my scarf and was slippery enough to go down their neck. We gave up. So, we let the kids see the Pinata without scarf. Ryan was supposed to start batting the Pinata, but he was not confident. He was not ready until he saw the other kids doing the same thing. (He tended to be a follower.) Everything was good at the end especially getting their treats: candies.

Hope it would not cause me too much trouble for sending them ending up to the dentist office. That also included catching Aunt Pam had a sweet tooth.

However, there were more sweet came along the party; singing the birthday song to Ryan. It turned out that Ryan had a melt down. He screamed, cried and ran upstairs to his bedroom. This disappointment really impacted me because I had hoped he would be happy that everyone showed the love for him. But soon after I comforted Ryan down from his bedroom for a few minutes, I realized at any special events along with too many people focusing on Ryan was too much for him. It overwhelmed him. We just let him go and let others eating the cake and presents without him.

However, an hour after a few people leaving from the party, Ryan started wanting to eat the cake and opening the presents. Right after opening the gifts, he immediately wanted to start playing with the toys he had received. The remaining kids joined the gifts he got for another hour.

At the end of Ryan's early birthday, he was very fortunately everyone had showed their love for him. It made him very happy especially getting the toys, food, and breaking the Hot Wheels Pinata!

3 comments:

C and B Scene said...

Wow ... I didn't know that you were going to celebrate his birthday early this year. I hope Ryan didn't think we forgot him when our gift didn't arrive in time for the party.

I want you to post some of the picture he draws from the art books I sent to him

Love Mom/CC.

Furry Bottoms said...

Woo, looks like a wonderful party!!!! :)

Deby said...

I heard it was a great party. Ryan's gift is coming, I'm just late in getting it into the mail. Sorry.

Katya was overwhelmed by her birthday parties until she was 8 years old. It was standard that she had at least one melt down at each party. No worries!