Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Begging for Money

This evening, Ryan came up to me and begging me for money. The conversation between me and Ryan had left me cogitating for the evening.

R: I need twenty- five dollars.

M: Why do you need twenty- five dollars?

R: Because I need to enter the car race.

M: No, I am not going to give you a twenty five dollar for the car race.

R: Why?

M: Because getting into the car race is very dangerous. (We then walked in a separate way.)

R: (Ryan came back to me and begging for money) Okay, I need five hundred thousand coins. I can enter the race.

M: No, you are not going to enter the race. Why did I say, "No."

R: Because it is very dangerous. Mom! I need the money.

M: No, that s the end of the discussion!

He walked away without getting his wish.

3 comments:

Deby said...

Cute! I love how you post your conversations with the boys.

Furry Bottoms said...

500 THOUSAND COINS! I'm impressed he was able to figure that out! :)

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

He is so funny, what a great imagination. Ask him what kind of car he wants to drive, maybe $25.00 was a good deal.