Monday, June 16, 2008

Family's Adventure

On Father's Day, David chose to go to his all time favorite place: San Diego County Fair aka Del Mar Fair. It was an easy day for all of us because we did not have to bring any extra clothes or using wagon for the day. Both Ryan and Dylan were able to tolerant by walking around the fair all day.

We were fortunately to park our van nearby the ticket booths. By the time we got in the fair, the first thing the boys were drooling over the huge snow cone. They had to share because it was too big for them to eat alone. David and I ended up getting them on letting them picking their half own flavor. They picked root beer and bubble gum. Doesn't it sounds weird to have them on the same cone with two flavors??

By the time, they completed their snow cone. We visited farm animals. Unfortunately, we saw less animals in the cage this year. I guess it had something to do with the cost fees: transport the animals and not be able to afford paying the soaring price, gas ! Despite of seeing fewer animals, we enjoyed petting a few weeks old energetic calf.

Next event, we went toward the kiddie rides. I have noticed they were increasing looking for the speed rides! It was a relaxing moment for me to let them go on rides alone while David and I stood out waiting for them to complete the rides. Ryan has finally learned to gear the bummer car's pedal. Dylan was able to pick the concepts fast including going through the Fun House with mirror mazes. We felt so bad Ryan kept bumping into the mirror until one of the workers taught him to use his hands to feel the opening. He made it through!!!

An hour and a half after we arrived, it was time for lunch! I couldn't believe how did the time went by. David was craving for the Texas beef sandwich and huge onion rings ! I only had one fourth of Ryan's left over corn dog because I was not hungry. Dylan was very much like his dad. Oh dear, can you image what would it be like to deal with him when he becomes a teenager???

It was too much to waste to go home from the fair on Father's Day. Would you believe both Dylan and I were brave enough to put our hands in Wax can? I must admit Dylan was more braver than me because he started wanting to try it out and give to his 1st grade teacher on Friday. The colors of his hand he chose turned out beautifully. After Dylan completed the job, I have asked Ryan if he wanted to try it so he could give it to his Kindergarten teacher. He was not brave enough. I ended up taking over his place.

Still, David's desire was to walk throughout the Fair. He wanted to take a look at inside of the buildings. Most of all, his desire was getting the homemade FUDGE bar. Of course, I avoided eating the high calories bars!

Around five p.m, the boys started to act it out at the end of the afternoon: fighting, pushing and spinning in a circle. We knew it was their way of saying, "We have had enough!" Still, I thought it was pretty good for them to put it all up by walking all over the fair without a wagon. This was especially great for me to walk and burn all of the calories I have had at the fair for six and a half hours! The best of all, we had a chance to go out to the fair on a lovely weather especially to grant David's Father Day wish.

No comments: