Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Bath Time!

Shortly after we had a quick dinner, the boys decided to go out in the back yard to play with their toy cars while my husband was fast asleep on a couch. Dylan and Ryan were pretending they were in a car race as I was sitting outside observing their play time.

Unexpectedly, the water sprinkles went on. Ryan was not happy because he left one of the play sets out in the water area. Dylan, who had a big heart, was brave enough to rescue Ryan's toys with his regular clothes. However, Dylan decided to bend the rule by continuing to play in the water. It did not work when I scolded him to get out of the wet area. Soon enough, Ryan joined the club.

What can I do with my boys who wouldn't obey my rule? They were happily getting their clothes wet by playing tag in our tiny backyard. So, why should I bother stopping them while they were having a life-time,fun memory? I thought this would last for a short time. But, I was wrong. It didn't stop them until they were completely soaked.

Before they were completely soaked, they decided to hop in a mini mud bath. They first dove in a wading puddle before they wrestled each other. Then, they decided to wash their hair out of a dirt. It was a perfect ending before they hit for a REAL clean shower.

Now, I wonder what would David say after he learned from reading this blog. What kind of reaction do you think David might have toward me?

4 comments:

Heather said...

He shouldn't care one bit - because afterall, he was having a nap!

Anonymous said...

David would say, "Let the boys have their memory of a mud bath since their childhoods would be enriched by one simple but yet FUN event!" I agree with Heather that David will even not care a bit since he took a nap! ; - )

Deby said...

You should have just had them strip down, handed them some soap and told them to wash themselves off!

You are a cool mom!

Laura and the family said...

I would love to hand them a bar of soap if I have more privacy in our backyard. But I can't do that since Dylan is 7 1/2 years old... and there are so many wacky people out.