Friday, June 20, 2008

Last Day of School


Yippie, today is the last day of school!

This early morning, we all had to leave the house at 5:30 A.M! I admitted it was extremely difficult for me to be at work by 6:30 A.M. while the boys' schools started at 8 A.M. I instead had to drop them off at two different Extended School Services (E.S.S.) and be at work by 6:30 A.M. Can you believe I made it to work on time?

Even better, the boys were all perked up when I dropped them off at school sites. That was a relief because I know that they were not the types of kids who wanted to be dropped off at this dawn hour.

By the time, I got to work. I have already seen MANY students arriving late. At the same time, it was nice watching some of the 8th graders dressing all up for the graduation promotion. That was my only and last time I ever watched my Deaf and Hard of Students going on a graduation promotion. It was really nice yet it was awful HOT by sitting outside for two hours! While I was sitting among with my students' family for two hours, I felt like I was having dehydrated because it was 104 degrees, and had cramps on my legs and arms. I immediately knew I needed H20. I did take an immediate action. Luckily, I didn't collapse in a front of the families and students. I instead got a BAD sunburn on my face and back.

However, I know it was only temporary. The best part is having a LONG SUMMER VACATION before we return to work at a new school site and be with my two sons at the same school. Both Dylan and Ryan were thrilled to be out of school for the summer. They were not even tired when I picked them up especially being up at 5:00 A.M.

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

YAY!!!!! Your long earned break from work!! :) Sounds like it was a really good day. Next year will be even better :)