Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Snap, Crackle and Pop !

What does it remind you of Snap, Crackle, and Pop!? If you had guess it is Rice Krispie, you are correct. Doesn't it sound too good to have this treat once in a while?

Out of blue, David decided to teach our sons baking Rice Krispie. Doesn't that making your mouth watering? It did to my two sons who were thrilled to have this kind of dessert. Both young chefs started out with enthusiastic.

Dylan started out melting the marshmallows. In fact, he was hoping he would be able to eat only marshmallows. We declined his wishes. He soon left after we had declined his wishes to eat only marshmallows. What an attitude he had! He preferred to make everything quick and easy.

Ryan was on the other hand. He persisted to go through the steps until the end of the treat.
Have you ever thought about providing this Rice Krispie as a birthday cake? I didn't until I did the cooking research. Frankly, I thought it was a perfect way for anyone who does not like a birthday cake. I am one of them. This will be for the next birthday party. Maybe I can make my own birthday cake. What additional flavor would you like to have it on your rice krispie?

Another thing we can do with the Rice Krispie is to collect all of the Kellogg's cereals for Science Research. For example, you can find out and see which treats would prove most compelling, popular and delicious. Isn't that clever idea to do this for as a Science Project?

4 comments:

Heather said...

I like to put milk chocolate chips on top of the rice krispie treats while they are still warm. The chocolate melts a little bit and it tastes yummy!

Deby said...

YUM!! They also make great Christmas gifts for co-workers. Quick, easy, delicious and always loved by all.

Anonymous said...

i want some i want some! i add peanut butter.... mini m&ms .... but i like plain at the most of the times! yum! enjoy them for me! theres no rice krispes here in europe grrr--- only marshallows hee hee

Laura and the family said...

Oh ,I wish I could send you the rice krispie in a mail, but you know the food is illegal to send it over the sea :-( Peanut Butter is my favorite food, too but you know I have to watch out what I eat.