Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dylan's New Business

When Dylan came home from school, he immediately wanted to create a "Food Mart III" store. He thought it was fun because he has learned math from school. Originally, he wanted to write on the wall we just had painted. I had to halt him from doing any further. Without having him writing on the wall, he instead got the brown butcher paper.

He was so excited to ignite his own mini business: Food Mart III that opened for one hour only. Some of the dry food that I let him use it were very expensive. For instance, a bottle of Gatorade cost me four dollar! My best guessing was charging me so much was to buy the next series, "The Magic Tree House." At first, I thought giving him my pretending money would be sufficient. Well I was wrong ! That did not indeed meet his expectation. He expected me to give him the real money! I told him a white lie that I'm broke.

He lowered the price from four dollars to fourteen cents. That's when I gave him the REAL money. Once he received the money, he made sure I was not cheating. Guess what? He told me that I owe him one more cent because I did give him a thirteen cent instead of fourteen cent. It clearly knows how to count the money. Soon or later, he will be able to count more money for whatever he wants to save and buy the stuff he long wanted it.

3 comments:

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

That kid is amazing!!!!
If his prices are too high try using coupons : )

Deby said...

Ohhhhh, I like the coupon idea. And ask him about his daily specials too.

Anonymous said...

You're not going to be able to short him on his allowance that's for certain! :)