Sunday, January 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Ryan loves to create his own home sweet home out of a blanket. Once his home is done, he would come up to us, "My home is being fixed." He would play in and out of his home. Occasionally, he would invite me or his brother, Dylan to his home.

This late evening, he then came up to me, "My home is dark." I have encouraged him to turn our living room light's on. Who ever thought about needing a flashlight? He indeed requested for a flashlight, " I need a flashlight." He checked it out on his own home sweet home with a flashlight. After I took a picture of him, he decided to close the door with a pillow as if I was not invited. I could oversee him playing inside of his house, chatting to himself. Once he had enough of being alone, he had a flashlight flicking in a front of me unexpectedly invited me.

From there, we played together for a few minutes. I kept telling him, "Oh, you do have a beautiful home." He was so proud of having a beautiful home.

5 comments:

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

What a wonderful imagination! Love that boy.
Save these blogs so the boys have a history to enjoy again and again.

Deby said...

Ahhhh.... the days of the forts made out of blankets. I used to make them all the time in my Grandma's den closet. I always had the best time in that thing!

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorite things to do as a kid. My dog, Charlie Brown, and I spent many warm evenings in our litle outdoor fort with blankets held up on a small walkway wall by bricks:)

Anonymous said...

Laura's Grandmother Klein made jer a cloth house that fit over a card table. The cloth roof was held up by a soda bottle, and one side had a door that opened. Laura's house was the envy of the neighborhood. Mom/Grandma/CC

Mandee said...

My brothers and I would make "blanket forts" every Sunday after church! We loved it! And sometimes, if we were lucky, our parents would let us sleep in them!