Friday, January 18, 2008

Tranquil Evening

Most of the times we spend our evening together after we had a very long and busy week at work and school. This Friday evening was an exceptional because we decided to do on our own way for a small change. That also includes not going to bed at 8:30 P.M.

Our younger son, Ryan wanted to play with the "Cars" on his dad's computer, even he has his own computer in his room. It is just that he would rather to find something faster and quicker, just like his dad who loves any technician has speeds. I find it ironically that Ryan preferred to use his dad's because his computer does not have the sound. While observing him, I could not deny that his eye coordination has improved even driving on curvy roads at the average of 65 to 95 mph. The more he practices, the less crashes he does with other cars. The best part of observing him is that he used a lot of wiggle body movements and facial expressions. Good grief, he is not old enough to drive a real car!

Dylan, the older son, was on the other side of room, lying down and reading his all-time favorite book, "The Magic Tree House," number 18. Believe it or not, this is the fourth book he has read within one week. Once he finished one of the books, he would put it up in a stack in order. For example, I accidentally knocked his stack books over, and put it back without realizing it was not in order. He made a further investigation to make sure the numbers were in order. Dylan found it out that the books were not in order. He was not pleased that I didn't do my job. Rather than just getting upset with me for not putting the books in order, he made a goal to complete all of "The Magic Tree Houses" series book. What would be the next series book?

David, my husband, decided to start sorting all of the paperwork for taxes in advance. I would say he had made a big improvement over the years. That would make our tax consultant happy that we put it all together before the taxes comes. Let's hope we would make a huge refund this year since our boys are no longer in a private pre-school.

Last, I always found myself drinking Warm Chai Tea soothe my tension I have had over the week. Having a warm cup of Chai helped me to sleep peacefully for the night. That's what I needed the most because I tossed myself all last night. Not only tossing a lot from last night, drinking Chai Team helped me to think clearly for my blog. In meantime, I hope you are enjoying reading my blog.

3 comments:

Deby said...

Ah, the OCD tendancies start young. Dylan will probably always put his books in order by either number or genre. It's a family thing. We're weird.

Be ever so grateful that Ryan isn't driving. Katya is a mere two years from her license and it is a terrifying thought.

Bravo for the prep work for taxes. I'm doing the same thing myself. Too many papers!!

I love your blog! And when I am down there again, save a cup of chai for me.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous examples of the times that you need to be reconnected with your well-beings! You deserve it!

Meditate. Ponder. Breathe.

Enjoy more tranquil moments as much as you can!

Anonymous said...

You are the best blogger ever! I love looking at your blog. It's too bad you can't get paid for it;)