Saturday, August 23, 2008

All About Me Sack

On the first week of school, Dylan had two projects. One of the projects was creating a picture of himself on the front of the sack, and put 3 objects in the sack that tell something special about him.

On the front of the sack, he drew a picture of him and me only. He mentioned that his dad and Ryan were at the Sea World while Dylan and I were at the beach together. What a nice way to know that he's feeling close to me. But I felt bad that Ryan and David were not included.

The first object was taking a picture of his collection: Pez. So far he has about 50 out of 300 PEZ. He put the words together while I was helping him by putting the picture together.

The second object was his favorite vacation to Kauai, Hawaii during Christmas week. He wanted to go back. I guess that he needs to earn enough money to fly out to Hawaii. On the day of his presentation, he will be showing his plastic Lei Headband.

The last object was someone special to him. We thought it would be us. WRONG! It is his cousin, Katya. They adore each other dearly from the moment he was born. I have asked him if he wanted to show a picture of Katya holding him when he was a baby on the back of the recent picture of Katya and Dylan. " Nope, it would embrass me, " said by Dylan. I guess that is typical for boys.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I lovvvve projects like that!!! :) Not only does it encourage kids to share with other people who they are, it also helps kids to connect to themselves inside.

Deby said...

Oooooooooooooh, that is so sweet. When Katya comes home from v-ball tomorrow I'll have to show her this blog. She is currently at a friend's house for a sleepover. You know the social life of a teenager is the most important thing in the world.

:)