Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Running

Have you ever seen a child with a T-shirt saying, "I ran 100 miles?" I haven't either. We, the staff, came up with the ideas to keep the kids busy instead moping around the campus before the school starts. At the school site, we do have a certain area with the recess supervision who keeps the records the numbers of the students running around the laps in the morning. Throughout the year, we will have announcement of students who earns 50 miles or 100 miles. Thus, it will keep the kids busy before the school starts. Isn't that a brilliant idea ?

I found an excellent Internet. You need to check it out in order to help the youngsters click this: Kids Running.

Ryan's teacher has already started the activity in the mornings. It is not really hot in the morning. Well last week, he only ran once . The rest of the time Ryan kept whining to her, "Oh, I don't wanna to run." Then, he would just cry and cry. Lame excuse to get the sympathy from his teacher ? NOT me, I am a tough mom. Good thing, she told me what happened; otherwise, I would not have known about this incident.

After I discovered Ryan disobeying the teacher, I asked Dylan to be his role model to run around school after I finished my meeting. Ryan had a slight tear on his cheek. My words were, "If you don't run around the lap, you will not play with your computer! Dylan, if you run around the lap with Ryan, then both of you will get an Icee." Isn't that pretty clever of me??? Shortly after my comment, they soon ran around the lap without saying any further word. It is a win-win situation: I get satisfaction to see both of my sons running around the school. They got an Icee from 7-11.

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Also, it would help keep them fit too! :) Thats a WODNERFUL idea! My sister makes her two children run around the block 2 or 3 times before they get in the car for a long road trip. Gets rid of a lot of energy in confined places!

Anonymous said...

lololol lovelove your toughness in you! ill do the same if i have kids hee hee oh dont mention icee! love them so much! xooxo

Deby said...

What an awesome idea! And then as the year progresses you guys can keep tabs on who has run so many miles. Why don't you suggest they keep a log in the school newsletter?

You guys are so clever!