Friday, August 22, 2008

Dylan's Promise

For three days, Dylan REFUSED to eat his home-made sandwich that I made him for his school lunch. Even he and I went to the store, I had him picking his own meat sandwich. Well, for the last three days I kept finding his remaining sandwiches in his lunch box. When I asked him why his sandwich was still in his lunch box, his lame excuses were, " I don't have the time, " or " I was full."

So, my husband David and I came up with a brilliant idea. Dylan has agreed to keep his promise by eating sandwich in a front of us for two evenings. In order to prove this to you, he signed in a front of my husband's Treo Video Pager.

(Translate: Yes, Promise. I will eat sandwich. Promise Promise Promise. Swearing. We will go "trying to finger spelling for Soak City", but he left an unfinished sentence.)

Do you know what would happen if he failed to keep his promise? It means that he would not be able to attend Soak City nearby our home on the weekend before it closes for the rest of the year after Labor's Weekend.

Dylan is a REALLY BRIGHT young boy, but we are bright enough to force him to eat in A FRONT OF US. Otherwise, he would have sneak it out and throw it away at school. I was in the kitchen watching him to eat an entire turkey, lettuce and mayonnaise per his request. (He would rather to have Grilled Sandwich daily, but I wouldn't let him because he needs to try different kinds of sandwiches.) In fact, this took him a long while to complete while his younger brother, Ryan just galloped within twenty minutes of his entire dinner. Finally, he was able to keep his promise. That relieved us!

4 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I wonder why he isn't eating his sandwich... there must be another reason he is not telling anyone. Maybe he is eating someone else's lunch? Hmm, this is curious!!! :)

Furry Bottoms said...

Laura, i think we have the same kitchen floor!!! LOL

Dylan looks so cute :)

Laura and the family said...

You are right, Nikki. Last year, he was caught by a teacher for eating someone's lunch. Second, I found it out that he bought lunch (after I learned that I owe the school $$.) Then, he received both punishments buying a lunch for an entire month. He knew I already sent the emails out to school secretary and the cafeteria manager NOT to let him buy a lunch. He stopped without my approval ! :-)

Deby said...

I saw the best idea for a sandwich in Katya's Seventeen magazine.

Whole wheat bread, peanut butter, one small teaspoon of jelly and sliced fresh strawberries. See if he likes that one.

Katya also likes her sandwiches in whole wheat pita bread sometimes to mix it up a bit. And try shredded lettuce (you can get it in a bag next to the other bagged lettuce). Let me know!