Friday, August 15, 2008

New Bicycle

We finally got our order for Dylan's bike. His other bike was only 16 inches. The sixteen inches bike is basically for four to eight years old. Dylan is nearly eight. Thus, it was a perfect timing for him to get a transition from training wheels to without training wheels. It is too small for him to use the sixteen inches bike. In fact, he is four feet and 3 inches tall- tall for his age. So, we got him a twenty inches bike.

OLD BIKE
This picture was taken a month ago when he first learned to ride his old bike without training wheels. With the sixteen inches bike, he often bend his back (not good for his back due to the size of a bike), bended his knees, and wobbled a lot.


NEW BIKE
With the twenty inches bike, he did not bend his back, knee, or wobble a lot as much as with his other bike. He was able to ride a bike without training wheels. With this bike, he also had to learn the next step--using the left brake from the handle. I considered it pretty good for a start despite for not getting the color he wanted. (He REALLY wanted to have an orange and black bike, his favorite colors. Unfortunately, the color are discontinuing. His second choice was the same color as his old 16" bike. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful for Dylan to transition to the next milestone!!! Can't believe that! Tell Dylan that congratulations are in order for him getting the new bike!

Furry Bottoms said...

OOOOH how exciting for Dylan!!!! I remember being taught to ride a bike. I thought my big brother was SOOOO cool, being willing to teach his little sister how to ride a bike with no training wheels. How wonderful, right? He was about 16 or 17 yrs old and I was about 6 to 8 yrs old, can't remember exactly the age.... so I looked up to my brother so much and my heart filled with warm and fuzzy feelings... my brother wa so wonderful in my eyes. W-R-O-N-G-!-!-! While I did learn to ride the bike without training wheels.... my stinker of a brother neglected on purpose to teach me how to use the BRAKE!!!! *sigh* Can you imagine how many times I crashed into the trash cans, garages of my neighbors.... the grass, fences, trees, bushes and cars parked in the driveway?