Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cooling Off

Is it weird to think about the Fall at hundred degree in Southern California? I find it odd to see some of the colorful trees while there is a hot air. While not being able to renovate our front yard, the boys and I took off to cool ourselves off to a nearby community pool.

Just an hour before lunch, the boys were all ready to hop in the pool with their colorful goggles, boogie board. Know what I found it odd? We were the first people at the pool. Frankly, it was so nice to think about as if it was our backward with no one telling us what to do.

As soon as we got in a pool, the pool was COLD ! We were brave to stick it around the pool for an hour before we had a lunch. Soon few other people came to join the pool. Being in the cold water they did not stay for an entire time. Thus, the boys decided to warm themselves under the sun: either covering themselves with a stripped towel or lying on a chaise.

Once the boys finished drying themselves off, we headed for lunch.I eventually asked them if they wanted to go back to the pool an hour after they ate their lunch, they did not want to go. It was due to that the water was so COLD. Too bad, otherwise, it would have cool themselves off especially living outside at a hundred degree in October !

5 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Did Ryan fall asleep in the sun? :)

C and B Scene said...

I am surprised the boys didn't want to go back to the pool. I don't like swimming in pools very much, but I always dislike the hot dry Santa Ana Weather. Being able to jump in and out of a cold pool would have felt pretty good when it was 100 degrees.

It only got to be in the 90s here in South Carolina this summer. Bruce and I would go over to the unheated pool at our club house. I would jump in long enough to cool off, then sit in the shade and read until I got too warm, then I would jump back in the pool. Bruce just stayed in the pool. Mom/CC

Laura and the family said...

Nikki, Ryan only slept for a very short moment.

Deby said...

Man... the high today was 46.

Give the boys a kiss for me and tell them to stay cool. They look awesome with their goggles on.

Deby said...

By the way, it is snowing outside. It won't stick, but it is snowing!