Friday, October 10, 2008

Getting a Pedicure

Don't we all love going and getting ourselves some pedicure and manicure? I do enjoy sitting on the plush bench and rolls up my trousers, takes off my shoes and socks or sandals.

This wonderful person sits, almost kneels, on a tiny chair just a foot off the floor and gazes up, stretching out a hand.

Reaching.

For . . .

His . . .

That's right, this man is getting a pedicure. It was my husband, David ! He admitted he enjoyed getting all of the attention from the ladies at the shop. They all were smiling at his bravery. As a wife, I have to say that I MUST applaud David because only 20 % of the men are willing to take good care of their feet. I have seen many fungus growing on men's feet. EEEWWW !

Believe it or not, the pedicurists can tell about the person's feet. I wonder what about mine. But I bet that they know about the negative and positive sides when giving men a pedicure.

The negative side of men's toenails that they often have ingrown toenails. It takes a a lot of times fixing their nails from " "ugh' to "wow.' " They will feel good about taking care of their feet when seeing other men don't take care of their feet. If you know someone you care, then encourage them get a pedicure. Trust me, it is worth!

Another interesting thing, the pedicurists admitted that they don't have to polish their toenails. Ahhh, that's too bad. It would been fun if see our loved ones having coloring on their toenails. How about if we try on our loved ones while they are asleep? Does that sound fun?

And there's something more , the pedicurists mentioned men are often good tippers. I did see David giving the tipper a five dollar. I guess I am more cheaper than him!

The best result is men often hooked when wives forced them to take care of their feet. It is true! David admittedly wanted to go back every other month. Hint: Perhaps, we can give him a gift certificate for Christmas and Birthday.

4 comments:

daisy said...

david rocks! my bro always get his pedicure done too!! i call him a snob! hahahah but youre right its very important to have our toenails in good care etc.. believe it or not, i give FB, my hubby pedicures twice a month and he loves it! yeah what a spoiled hubby hee hee.. now im overdued i need mine soon as when i lived in CA i always go every other 2 weeks! now i miss it! for sure i will very soon!!! xo

Anonymous said...

A brave man David was when it came to the pedicure time! I tried and tried to convince Ward to have one....he still resists -- how? Perhaps your post about David and his pedicure will sway Ward's mind about men having a pedicure! LOL!

Deby said...

That is great! I know I love my pedicures when I manage to squeeze one in. I wish I could get Bob to do it, he would love it! Especially with those heated massage chairs.

You go bro!

Furry Bottoms said...

I just realized something, Laura! Your husband is a good cook... you call him a chef, right. And here he is getting a pedicure. Talk about "PAMPERED CHEF!!" LOL David is super cool!