Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Flu Shot

Have you gotten your flu shot this year? If you haven't, your excuse is most likely feeble. Influenza is a deadly infectious disease that returns every year, threatening young and old alike. According to the federal Centers for Disease Control, the virus kills on average 36,000 Americans annually, a terrible toll—almost as many as die from auto accidents. Can you image that?

Personally, I don't like the idea of seeing my children being sick. It forced me to take both of my sons to have their flu shot. I did expect that they would be losing their control before they had their shot due to seeing the needle This turned out to be the opposite. Also, I don't like seeing them being sick a few days from the shots. Whew, neither Dylan or Ryan gotten sick.

Literally speaking of using needles, did you know the nasal spray vaccine is on the market this year ? This is the first time, could help those kids (and adults) frightened of needles, but the antivaccine sentiment is not easily quelled. Frankly, I would far much prefer to use the nasal spray vaccine despite of possible getting a sinus headache over than the needle.

No comments: