Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Setting the Table

Coming home from work and start cooking can be stressful. Don't we all forget to teach our loved ones, especially little ones when it comes to setting the table? Having too many errands in our life tends to take our important away from teaching one of the important parts in young ones' life: setting the table.

Just this evening, I ordered Ryan to set the table for me while I was cooking turkey, roasted red potatoes, rice and toasted bread. He was learning to put the cup/glasses above the dinner plate. As far as for the fork and spoon, he did guess pretty good without help.

The next time, it will be perfect. I will print out the plate mat and have my kids coloring their own and two guest plate mast. My husband and I will do our own plate mat, so the boys will be able to identify which place we are to eat. Once they finish coloring the mat, I will have it laminate at work. It can be use it repeatedly. The best part is With their cute place mats, they'll never forget which piece of silverware goes where. Is that pretty clever?

1 comment:

Furry Bottoms said...

That is an excellent idea!!! That is really good. Ohhh so the fork goes on the left and the spoon on the right? I always get that confused myself, hehehe.