Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday

Friday is the best day of the week days. It gives us to look forward to the playful weekend. This weekend is an exceptional because we have a three day off from school and work.

At 6:30 A.M., most of us started off with positive attitudes. Dylan was happy to have his hair coloring because it was a Crazy Hair Day at his school site. It also applied to me and Ryan. I had given Dylan an opportunity to pick his own hair coloring after he figured that his Pez Collections would not stick in his hair. He ended up picking four different colors on his hair: red, blue, pink, and purple after I put the Gels on his hair.

I then inquired Ryan whether he wanted to have his hair coloring a few minutes after I finished spraying the hair coloring on Dylan's. Frankly, Ryan did not want to have anything to do with his hair until I had him to look at Dylan's hair. He changed his mind. Thanks Goodness! I did give him the power to choose the color for his hair. Ryan only wanted ONE hair color: Blue all over his hair. Seeing his own hair coloring beamed himself up in a front of the mirror. He requested me to do the same, so I did coloring my hair: pink and red to match my red shirt for work.

Besides showing our Crazy Hair spirit at school/work, I went out to get McDonald's for Dylan and Ryan's lunch because they showed me with their BEST behavior. Dylan did not have any bad attitudes for the last three weeks after David and I grounded me for an entire month. (That counts for not allowing him to use any technology stuff: Wii, computer, DS Nintendo Game, or T.V. ) Since he lived without any technology, he showed a remarkable behavior in his class and at cub scout meeting. Ryan also worked so hard on his classwork. He turned 10 paperwork in one day! I must say I'm proud of my sons' behavior.

Once we all had gone home for a three day weekend, I have decided to treat them for an ice cream because it was 80 degrees at 3:30 P.M ! What a crazy weather especially for the month of January. Yet, they were happy to be spoiled for a nice afternoon treat: Chocolate Mint Ice Cream. They even tried to show their empathy for feeding their toy dog for an ice cream.

Oh, it feels so good to have our three day weekend! We are looking forward to spending quality of times together. That is the best day of the week days.

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Definitely sounds like Dylan is doing a lot better. I wonder if its the technology that causes bad behavior? I dunno, it depends on the kid I guess. Glad you got to enjoy your day with wonderful sons!

Anonymous said...

loll no fun to be grounded! but i do believe in those discplines to improve childrens behaviors etc.. love the boys funky hairdos!! ice creams yummy too cold to eat them here! xxoox

Deby said...

What a fun day! Hopefully, the good attitudes continue through the weekend. Maybe even the colored hair.

Amazing how being a really strict, mean mom turns your kids into nice ones? Too bad kids don't just act nicely because they should.

It is nice that you are such a fun loving mom.