Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Museum of Flight

A day after we spend a night in a hotel nearby Seattle, we wanted to see so many things in a very little time. As for me, I wanted to see Space Needle, one of the famous landmarks. But the weather did not permit us to stand outside of a freezing temperature.

So, we altered the plan to visit Museum of Flight along with my friend, Nikki. David had thoughts about educating our sons, Dylan and Ryan to see many different kinds of airplanes instead of seeing only a commercial airplane. I could not disagree with his idea. In this museum offered from the artificial airplane that made by Wright Brothers to military airplanes from 1940's. Not only seeing the airplanes, the boys also saw the displaying from Apollo11. It was fun seeing the boys imaging flying on a moon. Who knows my friend, Nikki would be the first woman flying a moon?

While we were inside of the buildings, the boys opened their eyes and wanted to try sitting inside of the military airplanes. They felt like they had powered to drive. Good grief, the engineer had shut down for the public. The next room, we visited Flight's Zone for children. Dylan and Ryan had few hand-on activities such as pretending going on a Hot Air Balloons, riding on a Gliders, etc. It was not as much as another room where the kids could explore by using the pretending phone with a window where we could see the real airplanes flying nearby the tower.

As soon they finished exploring the Flight's Zone, we headed for Red Barn where there were lots of original Boeing airplanes. I instead stayed with my friend Nikki, who wore boot because she was aching from walking all over the museum. Not only sympathy her, I had more opportunity to chit chat with her while my big and little men explored further in a Red Barn.

Overall, I personally think this trip to Museum of Flight expanded my boys' visions of seeing many diversity of flights. Thus, this trip was one of the educational places we visited during our two week of Winter Break.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

Deby said...

That looks like fun. I'll have to remember to go there when my grommets get a bit older.