Sunday, January 25, 2009

Peace Building Assembly

Last Friday, Dylan's 2nd and 3rd grade classes did the Peace Building Performance in a front of the entire school and the parents who were invited to watch the performance. The entire class learn four songs in SIGNS! It was awesome to see all of the older hearing and deaf students signing together.

I had a little opportunity to video the show because I didn't realize the last song was short and sweet. It is called: This is My Song. While I was taking pictures and videoing my son, Dylan, a teacher who sat next to me telling me that she could hear Dylan's voice. I asked if he was loud. "YES!," said by his former 1st grader teacher.


By the time we got home from school, I asked Dylan a simple question what made him singing LOUD. His response was, "I wanted my voice to be heard!" It reminded me like Martin Luther King Jr. who also wanted his voice be heard, too.

2 comments:

Deby said...

That is so cool they learned those songs in sign. He looks so cute up there.

Furry Bottoms said...

Notice how he keeps looking at you? Sweetie pie.