Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Next Writer

Who ever think being a writer is an easy task? I always knew it is an extremely difficult job to make it perfect. I have tried my best in the past: sending an article to Chicken Soup for the Soul (it is my fifth year of waiting for an approval), writing annual Christmas Newsletters, and plan on sending the funniest comments in the Parent Magazine.

Being a writer runs in my side of the family. Mainly, it comes from my dad's side of the family.

1) My Great Grandpa, Paul Hugon wrote several books and spoke five different languages.
2) My father Robin Klein, who is now a police psychologist, wrote few books and articles related to the police experiences.
3) My Great- Aunt Majorie as Mag was a stenographer for the movie industry. She did edit "The Roots" scripts before the movie was released.
4) My Great Grandfather Manuel Klein was a musical composer. He has published several music books and songs early in 1900's.
5) My mother has written a book while she was an employee for Hewlett Packard. I'm sure she will write another book about Herbs in her new hometown in South Carolina.
6) My cousin Cheryl has published two books: The Commuters and Lilac Mines, and several articles for the magazines. Her third book is on the way.

Since it runs in my family, I would NOT be surprised if Dylan becomes the next writer. He loves to get a stack of paper, stables together and start writing a book. Right now, he is anxious to write his first book made for me: Book 1: Poor, Rich, and Dog Cycle. He is also an illustrator just like my cousin Cheryl is also good in art. In this book, there are 12 chapters.

Chapter 1: Hard Day
Chapter 2: Good News
Chapter 3: One Million Dollars
Chapter 4: Rich
Chapter 5: Poor
Chapter 6: A Nightmare
Chapter 7: Boo!
Chapter 8: New Dog
Chapter 9: Lost
Chapter 10: Found Dog
Chapter 11: Happy
Chapter 12: New Baby

Since he just started last night on his first chapter, he wrote, "It was a hard morning for Mr. and Mrs. Dinkleburg and they were exhausted! They were tired to death! They hoped Timmy Turner, the neighbor, would pull some weeds for them. But then they would be drinking lemonade right now. So they took a 5 minute....."

Actually, I was told not to peek his book until he completes his first entire book until March. I was too anxious to know what was in his mind. I also discovered that he plans on writing a second book. It is called, "Stress Baby." Personally, Dylan is an amazing young boy who is anxious to be the next writer.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the shout-out. Dylan's stuff is awesome! Seriously, it says something that he's already thinking about structure and story arcs. And I love how his chapter titles promise lots of ups and downs (rich! poor! new dog! lost dog! found dog!).

C and B Scene said...

That's very ambitious for such a young man. I am proud of you both. Mom/cc

Mandee said...

Love it! Tell Dylan I am so impressed! I can't wait to read his book!