Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Heading for Seattle

Leaving from Portland to Seattle, Washington forced us to get up early because we had a plan to stop by a certain place that David always wanted to visit: Cabela's store, a few hours away from Seattle. It was raining cats and dogs in some areas. I let David do the driving all the way up Washington because I was not sure what to expect: snow. Frankly, I don't know how to drive through the snow; thus, I think of the safety. The road up to Seattle took us longer than we had anticipated.

When we got in a VAST Calbela's Store, I was awed to see so many different aspects of outdoor supplies. It ranged from Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Gear. It is completely different from REI because of the fine qualities. The boys especially enjoyed seeing all of the displaying faux animals, sleeping on a camping cot, and doing a hunting game. I personally like to see how big a polar bear really stood up. It reminded me of teaching my students about Polar Bear a few weeks before I visited this store.

By the time, we were leaving for Seattle from Cabela's store, there were several small hails falling off from the sky. Like I said, I felt secure to have David driving our van instead of me especially at this time of weather. (See the tiny snowflakes falling on our van's front window.)

As soon as we settled few miles north of Seattle, I met one of my good friends, Nikki whom I have not seen her in person for twenty years. It was really sweet of her meeting us at a hotel despite of her broken ankle with a boot on her right leg. From there, we ate and chat over a dinner meal nearby our hotel. We indeed did spend each other the following day.

No comments: