Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ryan's Newest Books

"Kate DiCamillo and Chris VanDusen are truly an inspired duo. This book, like the others in the series, is chock full of odd and entertaining characters brought to life by VanDusen's brilliant artwork. It's always great to see what new character DiCamillo adds to each new book. This is a great read-aloud for kids of any age, but with a caveat: be prepared to have a strong craving for hot buttered toast with a great deal of butter on it after reading any Mercy the Pig book," said by one of the reviewers.

I could not disagree with the reviewers because my younger son Ryan LOVED this kind of books. In fact, he had asked me to get him more of Kate DiCamillo's books. This book made him laugh whenever he read for his reading log. We did take turn in reading because it involved lots of chapters and simple captions for the beginning of second grade reading, though he is only in first grader. His reading comprehension is at second grade reading level. Thus, he often asked me if I allowed him to keep reading for the next chapter... then more chapters before I had to stop him before he hit for bed.

As a result, I ordered two out of three books from Amazon because I could not find any of her books from Border. The books I ordered were: Mercy Watson to the Rescue and Mercy Watson Goes for a Ride. The third book I will be ordering the next month because this book Marcy Watson: Something Wonking This Way Comes will not arrive on July 14th. Knowing these books will anxious Ryan to read because he knows that I ordered two books that will arrive within a few days. Simplify, I enjoyed seeing him laughing throughout the books because her books are definitely worth to read.

No comments: