Sunday, January 25, 2009

Native Indian Project

For the last two weeks, Dylan and I worked together on his project. We went over the information before he actually wrote on his project. Not only writing his report, he also make an Native Indian Project.

On the foam board, the dirt was made out of black coffee with glue underneath. Of course, I could smell the coffee though my husband and I don't drink coffee at all. We got the coffee from my mother in law before Dylan started his project.

Along on the board, Dylan put the dark and light blue, and silver to make a river. On the edge of the river, he put many tiny pebbles and the fish foam in the river. It looked GREAT, and even it looked real!

As for the tepee, David, Dylan's dad, helped to cut the shorter cone and put the sticks with hot glue. David put the brown felt to cover the tepee. Dylan did put the zig zag from my scrapbook borders (Am I generous to hand it to me?), and a Crow Symbols on his tepee. Near the tepee, there was a fire pit out of tiny pebbles and broken sticks with hot glue.

I also helped Dylan finding an image picture of buffalo skins from my printer. He cut the outside of the buffalo skin to put a display on his Native Indian Project. It was not an easy task for Dylan to put the display, so David ended up helping him a little bit by putting the hot glue so the stand would stay.

With the foams, Dylan painted the two rocks with white, light and dark brown. I must admit that he did a fabulous job making this rock looked real. While working on foams, we also put green mosses for the bush and berries. Dylan made a little attempt to put the hot glue on his foam with the mosses. He was braved enough not to get his fingers burned with my supervision. At the end, I had Dylan to think of ways to make berries looked real. He decided to cut in a half from RED Jelly Bean candies. Wasn't he cleaver to think about this?


Overall, I felt really good about doing well on his project. Not only making it look beautiful, I made sure he got all of the facts ready in case his classmates or his teacher ask him questions during the presentation.

1 comment:

Deby said...

That is cool!! Man, you guys did a lot of work on that. It looks awesome. Good job!!

You should ask my mom about the Adobe project she "helped" Ginger with that was made out of sugar cubes.