Thursday, May 10, 2007

Break Through !

For those of you didn't know Ryan had broke his left leg at 19 months old while riding down on a closed tunnel slide with me at McDonald's restaurant,he since had refused participate this hazardous activity. It has been three and a half years since we, including Dylan, had tried to encourage him to be brave and to go on the slide. He would happily climbed up and down along with other kids all over the play equipment! He would even encourage them and welcome them at the bottom of the "Monster." I always feel so guilty when I see him playing on everything but the slide.. Oh a Mother's guilt! It's a beautiful thing ! While wallowing in my grief, unexpectedly, Ryan decided, "enough was enough!" And he confronted that evil slide once and for all, slowly creeping up the kid friendly steps to the mockingly "kid safe" plot for him. As he stared down into the black abyss, he leaped... and Ta-Da conquered the Dragon! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but relief I felt watching him overcome that obstacle. It came a long way in helping me relieve a little bit of mommy guilty.

Sure enough, I ran them like dogs! There were down for the night. It was a precious moment to see such a break through for
Ryan !

No comments: