Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Little Stunt

Besides literally speaking about Ryan, Dylan is an outspoken person. One beautiful afternoon, we all rode on our bikes to a nearby restaurant for lunch. Then, we all sat outside of Quizano's among with other people. There was a little cute girl who was learning to walk. Dylan asked her mother, "how old is she?" When he got an answer from her, out of blue, he then said, "I'm six years old. Ryan is four years old. BUT my mom is older than my dad." Immediately, I covered his mouth, but it was too late. Other people ,who sat nearby us, were laughing at his humor. Boy was I being humiliated!?!

This was not the first time he would dare to try anything including eating. One day, he had learned the benefits of Earthworms from his school. He even had "Dirt Cake" (crushed Oreo, chocolate pudding, and gummy candy worms)for snack. Without my knowledge that he had eaten the Dirt Cake, I then asked him what he wanted for dinner on our way home after picking both of my sons up. Guess what he said? He replied with pleading, "I wanted to have Earthworms for dinner. It was so delicious!" I was puzzled and then I had to have him explain it to me.

That was a valuable lesson for me and his teacher to explain the difference between the REAL Earthworms and the Gummy Worms before passing the Dirt Cake out. * I must warn you before you give it out to your children or students.

No comments: