Thursday, May 10, 2007

Healthy Snack

I bet you thought I was a copycat of Amiee, and her amazing pictures of delicious healthy meals. Frankly, I wish I were a chef !

While we were in the fruit and vegetable section at Vons, I caught Dylan out of the corner of my eye! Know what he did? He nibbled one of his favorite vegetables ! Yep right there in the middle of Vons, he grabbed some broccoli, took a healthy bite, then put it back where it belonged. I was floored! Of course, I ended up buying this healthy snack.

Just before the boys went to bed, Ryan came up to me, "I'm hungry!" Dylan then made the same comment. I guess their energy had run out while playing at McDonald's. At first, I thought Dylan said that he wanted a Chocolate Donut. I told him, "No way, you are not going to eat junk food." He got furious at me because I didn't understand him. "I said, 'broccoli' not 'chocolate', he angrily stated ! Well, can you image I couldn't hear the difference between chocolate and broccoli? The mouth movement without hearing voice appeared to look similar. Try this in a front of a mirror.

You know most kids would prefer to eat junk food before they hit the sack. Of course, I refused and instead offered them a small amount of vegetables. Ryan had a few piece of carrots and Dylan had "the" broccoli from the fiasco at Vons. It felt good to be the boss by telling them, "NO!" They couldn't argue with me (Pat myself on the back!)

1 comment:

Deby said...

Oooooooooooh. Good eating habits young. Right on!